Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I don't like alcohol

It might be a bit late in life for an epiphany at 35, but nevertheless: I don't like alcohol. I really gave it a try, but the fact is that I really don't like the taste of alcohol. I've never had one sip of wine which didn't make me want to spit it right out again, and however delicious a cold beer looks on a warm summer day, it can't deceive me anymore, for I know the Terrible Truth about Taste. For a while I really liked Jägermeister, but the truth is - I'm not too keen on that either anymore. And don't get me started on all those sugary drinks...

So, for the record, and for the world: My name is Darling Nikki, and I don't like alcohol!

2 comments:

Thugnanny said...

Hahaha big props to you darling for trying. I believe you when you say you have given it your all, and I'm saden by the thought of you no longer liking Jegermeister. Anywho, alcohol has been a friend of mine for years, but lately I too can see that it does complicate my life a bit at times. Please note that I am always available for som non-alcoholic fun with you.

Darling Nikki said...

I would LOVE some non-alcoholic fun with you! And of course: I wouldn't really turn down that Jagermeister either - not with you. I'm alone w the kids until Sunday- you're more than welcome here for some fun!