Friday, May 2, 2008

Hungarian visitors

I'm excited, because today we will be getting visitors from Hungary. Or actually one of them is from Georgia, but apparently they are both Hungarian citizens. They will be staying here for two weeks.

So, who are these people? I do not know. I have never met them. They are sent to me here in Bergen by my mother who lives in another part of the country. From what I learn one is a chatterbox (the Georgian one) and the other one is mute (the Hungarian one). And they are here to try to find work.

I dreamt about them as I was taking a nap earlier: The chatterbox called me and said: "We have arrived in Oslo now, when do you think the bus for Bergen will leave?" To which I replied: "Oh, no! In Oslo?! You were not supposed to switch buses!!" I pray that my dream will not come true, and that they will not end up in Oslo, that strange city no one escapes until it it has left its mark on him..

1 comment:

Thugnanny said...

Oh sweet mother! Oh well, I guess it could have been fun having a couple of Hungarian guys staying with you, too bad Oslo got the best of them.

So, mute hah? What line of work is he hoping to get? I hope it's not reading for the blind...

Best of luck to you and your entire family!