Saturday, May 3, 2008

A mind-blowing experience...

I got what I was promised: one chatterbox and one mute. I have never actually met someone who is totally mute, by choice. I've met shy people, people who are not really talkative, but this tops it all. Good then, that the other one is the most talkative person I have ever met. Last night I, quite literally, got a headache from all his talk. That was a new experience for me. Usually when people talk a lot, I just don't pay attention, but when you've just met a person, that's quite rude, I presume. Not that I care so much about etiquette, but I do have some decency left, at least when I first meet someone. So I had to focus, real hard. For hours and hours, as the stream of talk just saw no ending. And ended up with an aching head as a result.

Today it is going better, I guess I'm getting used to it.

2 comments:

Thugnanny said...

WOW! I'm impressed. You actually listen when he talks? I mean for someone who has known you for years, this comes as quite a shock. Espesially when I'm always met with the phrase: What? Oh, I wasn't listening, is it my turn to talk now?" I guess I need to look within...is it possible that I'm not as interesting a conversation partner as I think I am?

Confused,
E

Darling Nikki said...

My dearest E aka Thugnanny! Didn't you read carefully? People I know (and love!) I don't listen to. It has nothing to do with you being interesting as a conversation partner or not. Of course you are interesting (or, rather: you might be, what do I know...). As soon as I feel like I know this Hungarian - sorry: Georgian - guy well enough, I assure you I will stop listening.